Monday, September 8, 2008

Gray hairs and coronaries ...

Refactoring fundamentals of a rather large stack ca be daunting... I gave it a go over the weekend, modifying hundreds of files and tens of thousands of lines of code and, to be honest, I thought I had done a pretty good job doing so.
Monday morning comes around and there where some Small build issues (csproj.user are not in the a build outside of VS) but easily fix.
The really problem was when we started to do complex interactions... the app died...

Oh sh1t.... I'm fired..

Well maybe not fired just roll back to Friday and I have wasted a weekend.
Long story short... don't leave on Nhibernate logging... it kills your app.
Commenting out log4net returned everything to normal, now we just need to log the correct things (ie not every NHibernate interaction!)

No comments: